Before You Leave Home
Before visiting Maruia Hot Springs we recommend you check the latest road conditions and weather forecast. During winter, sometimes we have heavy snow and the road could be closed due to the bad weather.
NZ Transport Agency
Road Snowfall Warnings
- Robe, towel and locker hire: Robe, towel and locker hire is available.
- What to wear: Swimsuits are required in the Bath House bathing area. The mineral-rich water may discolour swimwear. Bathing suits and thongs are available for purchase on arrival.
- Prams: Due to safety and the layout of the Bath House bathing area, we ask that you leave your pram in your car
- Footwear: To reduce the risk of slips we recommend appropriate footwear around pools and in any wet areas
- Valuables: Please do not wear jewelry in the pools as the mineral water may cause them to tarnish.
- Mobile phones: If you wish to bring your mobile phone, we ask that you only take images of your group.
- Water bottle: We recommend that you bring your own plastic or stainless steel water bottle to drink from during your stay, alternatively there are plenty of water taps around the facilities.
- Concession cards and discount cards: We ask that your bring proof of purchase or any discount cards that you have used to make your booking.
- Medical information: Please seek medical advice before bathing if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Conditions involving high fever
- Extreme hypertension
- Malignant tumours and cancerous conditions. Medical approval is required before bathing.
- Liver, kidney or circulation disorders
- Conditions presenting the high risk of haemorrhaging
- Anaemic conditions
- Congestive heart failure, recent stroke, or recent heart attack
- How to get here: We are located on National Highway No.7. For our full directions, please visit our directions page.
- When to arrive: To help you better plan your day, you have selected an arrival time for your Bath House booking. It is important that you arrive on time for your Bath House booking to avoid losing your spot. We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes before your booking time.
- Bathing with friends and family: Please ensure that if your friends and family wish to bathe with you, it is important that they too make a Bath House bathing booking to secure their spot.
- Eating and drinking: enjoy a light healthy meal before bathing and stay hydrated during your visit. The possession or consumption of alcohol is prohibited in the Bath House.
- Cancellation policy and terms and conditions: View terms and conditions before you arrive.