Before You Leave Home
Before visiting Maruia Hot Springs we recommend you check the latest road conditions and weather forecast. During winter, sometimes we have heavy snow and the road could be closed due to the bad weather.
NZ Transport Agency
Road Snowfall Warnings
- Robe, towel and locker hire: Robe, towel and locker hire is available.
- What to wear: Swimsuits are required in all pools. The mineral-rich water may discolour swimwear.
- Prams: Due to safety and the layout of the Bath House bathing area, we ask that you leave your pram in your car
- Footwear: To reduce the risk of slips we recommend appropriate footwear around pools and in any wet areas
- Valuables: Please do not wear jewellery in the pools as the mineral water may cause them to tarnish.
- Water bottle: We recommend that you bring your own water bottle during your stay, there are plenty of water taps around the facilities to fill up with.
- Medical information: Please seek medical advice before bathing if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Conditions involving high fever
- Extreme hypertension
- Malignant tumours and cancerous conditions. Medical approval is required before bathing.
- Liver, kidney or circulation disorders
- Conditions presenting the high risk of haemorrhaging
- Anaemic conditions
- Congestive heart failure, recent stroke, or recent heart attack
- How to get here: We are located on National Highway No.7. For our full directions, please visit our directions page.
- Terms and conditions: View terms and conditions before you arrive.